With the slew of obstacles this year has thrown at all of us, it can feel like the dropping temperatures of winter are just another in a series of bad news. But the good news is, your home doesn’t have to suffer through a cold winter without proper heating equipment, especially if you can give it a little TLC this fall.
If you are planning on spending more time at home this winter, it is more important than ever to ensure your furnace, boiler, or heat pump is operating properly and efficiently—here are the ways in which you can prepare your furnace, as well as some signs it may be in desperate need of repair!
Furnace Maintenance Checklist
Combustion based heating systems, like furnaces and boilers, rely on open flame to provide the heat needed to keep your home at the perfect, cozy temperature. Because dealing with flame (and harmful flame by-products like carbon monoxide) can be dangerous, we recommend calling a trusted HVAC contractor to perform any maintenance on your heating system.
At Bovio, we run the furnaces and boilers in homes throughout the Harrison Township, Monroe Township, Mount Laurel, Pennsauken Township, Voorhees, and Washington Township area by making sure they’re given a thorough inspection and marking off the items on this heating maintenance checklist:
- Carbon Monoxide tests
- Thermostat test
- Visual furnace safety inspection
- Ignition system test
- Exhaust system test
- Measure supply/Return temperature differential
- Safety & control circuits test
- Inspect existing air filter
- Lubricate & clean blower motor vents
- Clean furnace burner
- Visual inspection of heat exchangers
- Humidifier inspection
- Gas pressure optimization
- Lubricate all moving parts
- Blower motor test
- Electrical wiring inspection
- Check for any gas leaks
- Air duct inspection
- Drain pump inspection
- Clean & inspect drain line
Schedule Heating Maintenance Every Year
We recommend that homeowners stay up on their yearly heating maintenance, for three reasons.
- It will save you on heating costs through improved efficiency
- You can get ahead of any emergency heating repairs before they happen
- It will keep your home safer, healthier, and more comfortable
However, you already have enough things to remember from year to year, like scheduling the kids’ dentist appointments and making time for spring cleaning. That is why we created the Bovio Comfort Shield, so you can pay one simple monthly payment and rest easy that all of your heating and air maintenance is taken care of! With the Bovio Comfort Shield, you can expect:
- Easier scheduling
- Savings on diagnostics fees
- Savings on any resulting heating and air services
- Customer referral bonuses
Bovio Maintains All Types of Heating Systems
No matter the make or model of your heating equipment, Bovio is the heating and air repair expert that you can trust with your pre-winter maintenance needs. Our certified furnace technicians can assess how your furnace is performing, get it into peak shape, and let you know if you will financially benefit from repairing your furnace, or just replacing it with a more efficient model, like a ductless mini split.